Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gary Moore - Nigerian Scammer



Here is an email sent in by a reader to warn all of you about a Nigerian scammer going by the name Gary Moore:
Hi!
I was once a victim of internet scam.
I recieved a message asking me to add him in FB last sept.2011. He claimed that my name pops up when he does searching. He claimed to be an American man from Long Beach , Ca., the photo used was of a man whom any woman will gonna fall for and that was happened to me. I was at my vulnerable moments when i saw his message. He even call me thru a US number (+13234120103), he is a good player...after 3 weeks he said he will be going to UK to do business. He claimed that he is an Engineer, a contractor for oilwell, head installation and repair, and claimed to be connected to exxon mobil. He even called when he is in UK(called me with this number: +447045720405), the business failed in Uk so he needs to go to Nigeria, because the products for oil matters are cheaper there......... so many lies which was played well in short he has been asking for help as his credit card not working in warri, delta state, then stolen, i was unsuspecting that he is a scammer because he sounds seems to be real, not only me but even my aunt was also scammed.. because we just want to help a person in need.. i started to noticed that something was wrong when he has been asking me money every 3 weeks, until the time when he said he needs to get back to US soon but he does not have ticket as he only bought one way, i shared the story to my aunt who is very kind, her heart went out with him and tried to wire 15oo USD thru Western Union and her SSN where asked , she gone through a lot of trouble, until an anonymous person from western Union with Nigerian accent called her that trnsfer was cancelled and she has to get back the money anytime no charge and was informed that we might be dealing with a scammer.. thats the start. He didn't recive the money, was so upset i referred him to US embassy in Abuja, He sounds real when he told me that they got him a ticket. sends me a copy as well, but on his transit in UK he was picked up due to tax matters. He has many mishaps, What a very unfortunate person , seems so real... that the time i started reading the advisory from US embassy, I even wrote to the US mission embassy in Abuja , there i realized that he is not real. I searched online according to the pages he wrote in his profile and i found him in one date using profile name luv3333. The photo he used is very attractive, so handsome but he is not real.... I thank your team for giving these info, though i was left with debt and broken heart, Im doing my best to move on, and share my story. I hope it could save others and make them aware that scammers are good players.
This is about scammer gary moore (garymoore22@yahoo.com/luv3333).

4 comments:

  1. Ha! This same guy has been sending me the sweetest emails. I would never, ever send anyone money no matter how sweet he is. When a person is too perfect, like this guys, run fast. My instinct made me search for him and I'm glad I came across this, otherwise I could have spent hours talking to him until I figured out his game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My this guy also goes by the name Gary Westbrook email is blessedgary@gmail.com. Thank God I never sent him anything. He told me he was from Dallas,Texas had a son named Freddy and was a widower of 7yrs, Mother was in UK taking care of his grandma and a dear family friend took care of Freddy in Sugarland Texas.
      phone number 0116014336250 . I did a reverse ip address and found it was a soc via california I confronted him on several occasions about why his stories always changed and why his email was thru another persons name, then a lady answered his phone he told me not worry that the network there was terrible and calls always get wrong connections.I had been receiving sweet letters for 2yrs. told me he loved me and wanted to marry me and that his business shipment got lost he was arrested with 1million usd but lost it due to him having no travel papers or id so he can not leave til case is closed. even had some phoney lawyer call me. he had given up on me for about 1yr them I got a text message and I sent him a texted copy of his scam . never again heard from him til Christmas he texted me Merry Christmas I adjusted my phone call setting so my number did not show and sent the text back saying you have the wrong number and wrong person for I do not know anyone named Gary Westbrook. blocked his email address also. He even sent me a MBE address if I ever felt like sending him a gift and I told him he's crazy if he's expects anything from me. end of scam saga.

      Delete
  2. I think that I am dealing with this guy who goes by the name of Gary Moore, born in Berlin, Germany but lives in Akron, Ohio. Same as above sweet nothings and wants to marry me. Now he is stuck in Nigeria and needs money to start up road construction project. Only bought his debit card and can not get money as they do not have facilities to do that. Could I lend him $20, 000 usd then went down to $500usd now just needs money to pay hotel bill. Ask him to send me a selfie of himself, gave me the runaround and today sent a picture but I am sure it does not look like him. The guy in the photos on his FB page just does not seem like he is a scammer but then I guess you never know. Does anyone know how to find out who a picture is of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HE SCAMMED ME FOR 3 YEARS, I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM AND SO DID MY 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. HE WOULD TELL HER THAT HE LOVED HER AND HE WOULD BE HOME SOON, DOING HIS OIL CONTRACT IN NIGERIA. TOOK $ 70 K FROM ME THAT I BORROWED OVER 3 YEARS TO HELP HIM AND HIS LITTLE GIRL ELLA. HE ALSO GOES BY THE NAME OF ROGER SMITH, GARY SMITH BOTH FROM LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA, HIS EMAIL IS SMITHROGER218@YAHOO.COM AND SMOTHROGER281@YAHOO.COM. I AM HEARTBROKEN, I FELL SO HARD FOR THIS MAN, I AM A FOOL BUT MY LOVE FOR HIM IS SO REAL. HE USED MY FAITH IN GOD TO GET TO ME, ONLY BECAUSE HE PORTRAYED HIMSELF AS A TRUE CHRISTIAN DID I TRUST HIM. I DON'T KNOW HOW I WILL EVER FORGIVE MYSELF FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME AND MY BABY GIRL.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share